Regardless of your age, you are never too young or old to start saving. Cornerstone CU is committed to providing greater convenience in your life with competitive rates and flexible choices that are tailored to your specific needs.
Your deposits are federally insured
up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), with an added safety net of private insurance (Excess Share Insurance/ESI) for an additional $250,000. This is the highest combination of federal and private insurance available to consumers.
Gain greater convenience, get competitive rates and flexible choices tailored to you with Cornerstone Credit Union's deposit accounts.
- Easy access
- Transfer funds to your Cornerstone Checking and other accounts
- Balances earn dividends
- Accumulate savings for other investments, such as money markets and certificates
- For peace of mind, your deposits are federally insured 1
- Debit/ATM cards available 2
- Regular savings accounts require an initial deposit of $25
You don’t have to settle for just one savings account. Money experts agree that setting up accounts to stash tax money away for taxes or for an important event in your life is one of the best ways to save. We can set up multiple savings accounts for you within your same membership. Ask us for details. Your deposit in a regular Savings Account represents your ownership — or your share — in Cornerstone Credit Union.
1 Your deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), with an added safety net of private insurance (Excess Share Insurance/ESI) for an additional $250,000. This is the highest combination of federal and private insurance available to consumers.
2 Certain conditions and restrictions may apply for issuance of ATM cards.
Cure your holiday spending hangover with a Cornerstone Credit Union's Holiday Club. Set aside money each week or month for the holidays, and you'll start the New Year without the burden and worry of paying off debt.
- No service fee or minimum balance
- Join any time – no make-up deposits required
- Make payments conveniently through Direct Deposit/Payroll Deduction
- Dividends are compounded daily and paid quarterly
- Funds are automatically deposited to your primary savings account on October 1
You are never too young to start saving at Cornerstone Credit Union! Help your child prepare for any financial struggles they may have later in life, by saving now for the future.
Kids age 12 and under can open a new Youth Savings Account with a $5 deposit, with one year to bring the balance to the $25 minimum.
Youth age 13 to 17 need a $25 minimum to open a new Youth Savings Accounts.
The account is opened in the child’s name under the child’s social security number, but an adult (age 18 or older) must sign on as a joint owner.
C.U. CA$H® Kids Club
Kids age 12 are automatically enrolled in the C.U. CA$H® Kids Club where they learn how much fun saving can be.
Watch for youth-directed events in April, during International Youth Week.
Education Savings Accounts
The IRS created the Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) to encourage and incent parents and students to save for education expenses. The total contributions for an ESA beneficiary cannot be more than $2,0001 in any year, no matter how many accounts have been established. A beneficiary is someone who is younger than age 18 or has special needs. Contributions can be made until the 18th birthday of the child.
Why a Coverdell ESA?
- Earnings on investments in a Coverdell ESA are not taxed2
- All funds withdrawn are tax-free as long as they are used for qualified education expenses for secondary school or higher education
- Qualified expenses include books, tuition and school-related expenses such as transportation, computers, and room and board
- Applies to qualified higher education expenses as well as to qualified elementary and secondary education expenses
Contact us for an informational brochure.
1 There are contribution limits for taxpayers based on the contributor’s Modified Adjusted Gross Income.
2 Subject to minimal conditions. Check with your tax advisor.