An Opportunity to Serve
What does a Board Member do?
The Board of Directors works to ensure your Credit Union never loses sight of you, our member, and what you need to be successful. As a CCU volunteer, you can help your Credit Union respond to member needs and continue to thrive.
How do I apply for a Volunteer position?
- Membership in good standing at Cornerstone CU
- Favorable credit rating and background check
- At least 18-years of age and bondable
- Commit to a minimum of three consecutive 1-year terms
- Devote a minimum of six to eight hours per month on CCU business
- Willing to attend planning sessions and training programs at CCU’s expense
- Ability to work as a team member.
Applications are accepted year-round, but must be submitted for consideration no later than January 1 for that year’s term. Click on the link below and then submit your application to:
Chairman of the Nominating Committee
Cornerstone Credit Union
550 W. Meadows Dr.
Freeport, IL 61032
Short Nomination Application (PDF)
What happens once I have applied?
- The Nominating Committee will contact qualifying applicants by February 15th to arrange an informal interview if necessary, and to present a formal Board of Directors’ Application Packet. Applications are reviewed for past credit union and career experiences, educational background, and the applicant’s ability to maintain financial accounts in a responsible manner.
- A slate of nominees will be presented to the CCU Board prior to the Annual Membership Meeting.